Currently, the traditional use of varnish-foil dielectrics for manufacturing resistors, resistive assemblies and heating elements has been supplemented by their application in production of thermal resistors, the membranes of acoustic and photoelectric transformers. As a rule, the non-adhesive foil dielectrics sustain the affect of high temperatures, permit to significantly increase the density of elements and have better quality characteristics, because the adhesives have negative effect upon the electrical characteristics of the materials, manufactured with their application. Also, the adhesives have comparatively low thermal resistance, which manifests on the total thermal resistance of foil dielectric and the items manufactured on it, especially in case when as a base polyimide is used. In the paper the flexible foil dielectrics for electronic equipment and their manufacturing technology have been considered. The advantages of the non-adhesive foil dielectrics with complete imidization of the polymer base have been shown. The technology of manufacturing the varnish-foil dielectrics, used in manufacturing highly reliable microcircuits of modification 2 and of highly technological membranes of acoustic transformers, has been developed. The polyimide base of the dielectrics has high adhesion to foil and the guaranteed uniformity of the imidization extent 95-100 %. This provides the stability of technological conditions in the process of manufacturing the items from the given materials, as well as an increase of the storage life of the varnish-foil dielectrics up to 12 months.
flexible foil dielectrics, varnish-foil dielectrics, microcircuits on a flexible carrier, membranes of acoustic transducers
Technological processes and routes
Vorobiev A.V., Zhora V.D., Plis N.I., Timoshenkov S.P. Investigation of the influence of technological factors on the characteristics of flexible non-adhesive foil dielectrics. Proc. Univ. Electronics, 2020, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 505–516. DOI: 10.24151/1561-5405-2020-25-6-505-516
1. Medvedev A.M. Materials for flexible printed circuit boards. Technologii v electronnoy promyshlennosti = Technologies in Electronic Industry. 2011, no. 3, pp. 12–19. (in Russian).
2. Guskov G. Ya., Blinov G.A., Gazarov A.A. Installation of microelectronic equipment. Moscow, Radio i svyaz Publ., 1986. 176 p. (in Russian).
3. Vazhenin I.N., Blinov G.A., Koledov L.A. et al. Microelectronic equipment based on integrated housing integrated circuits. Moscow, Radio i svyaz Publ., 1985. 264 p. (in Russian).
4. Available at: http//www.gts–flexible.co.uk//GTS Flexible Materials Ltd.: gts flexible.com (accessed: 20.04.2020).
5. GOST R 8.625-2006. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Resistance thermometers made of platinum, copper and Nickel. General technical requirements and test methods. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2007. 27 p. (in Russian).
6. Hasanov M. Isodynamic emitters PAD. Avtozvuk = Auto Sound. 2008. October. (in Russian).
7. Polyimide Tape & Film. Available at: http://www.cgstape.com//Specialize (accessed: 20.04.2020).
8. Vorobyev A.V., Zhora V.D. Flexible foiled dielectrics: classification and analisys of wais for application and improvement. Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoi apparature = Technology and design in elec-tronic equipment, 2014, no. 4, pp. 56–61. (in Russian).
9. Available at: https://pkf-elektroplast.com.ua/a386255-folgirovannye-dielektriki-raznoobrazie.html (ac-cessed: 20.04.2020).
10. Vorobyev V.N., Vorobyev A.V. A method for producing a flexible polyimide material glacialpower. Patent Russian no. 2240921, 2004. (in Russian).
11. Borshchev V.N., Listratenko O.M., Antonova V.A., Protsenko M.A., Tymchuk I.T., Kostyshyn Y.Y. LED modules on the basis of aluminium «Chip on flex» (COF) technique. Svitlotekhnika ta elektroenergetika, 2008, no. 4, pp. 31–37. (in Ukraine).
12. Bessonov M.I., Koton M.M., Kudryavtsev V.V., Laius L.A. Polyimides – a class of heat-resistant pol-ymers. Leningrad, Nauka Publ., 1983. 328 p. (in Russian).
13. Bashirov A., Morozov V. Installation of microcircuits on a flexible carrier - a tribute to the past or an approaching future? Pechatny montazh = Printed Wiring, 2007, iss. 5. (in Russian).
14. Zhora V.D., Sherevenya A.G., Sergienko S.A. et al. The influence of structural and technological factors on the dynamics of shrinkage of flexible media for IC. E`lektronnaya texnika. Seriya 7: texnologiya, organizaciya proizvodstva i oborudovanie = Electronics. Series 7: technology, production organization and equipment, 1991, iss. 2(165), pp. 40–45. (in Russian).
15. Verbitskiy V.G., Plis N.I., Zhora V.D. et al. Comparative analysis of methods for the microcircuit as-sembly on flexible polyimide carriers. Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoi apparature = Technology and design in electronic equipment, 2013, no. 5, pp. 37–41. (in Russian).
16. Tager A.A. Physical chemistry of polymers. Moscow, Chemistry Publ., 1968. 536 p. (in Russian).
17. Borshchev V.N., Antonova V.A., Listratenko A.M. et al. An integrated approach to the selection of structurally-technological solutions of flexible-rigid single-detector modules for Compton medical tomography. Proceedings of the International Conference «Ingineering of Scintillation Materials and Radiation Technolo-gies». Kharkov, ISMA Publ., 2009, pp. 111–127. (in Russian).
18. Available at: https://www.angstrem.ru/ru/solutions/mikroelektronika-vysokoy-stoykosti (accessed: 20.04.2020). (in Russian).
19. Available at: https://angstrem.ru/ru/manufacture/sborochnoe-proizvodstvo (accessed: 20.04.2020).