During formation of silver nanoparticles arrays by condensation to the cold substrate the initial condensate is non-stable. For the formation of non-stable arrays with the form, close to a spherical one, subsequent weak thermal treatment is required. The nanosize state for many substances significantly differs from the mass state. In the work the behavior of the silver nanoparticle array during low-temperature annealing has been shown. Using the atomic-force microscopy the evolution of the silver nanoparticles array, formed on the SiO by the vacuum-thermal evaporation the unheated substrate during in-situ heating up to 200 °C, has been investigated. The qualitative estimate of the temperature influence on the geometry of the nanoparticles arrays has been obtained. It has been experimentally shown that a sharp enlargement of silver nanoparticles and decreasing of their quantity on the surface occurs in a small temperature of (75-100 °C). After statistical processing of the obtained data the average sizes of the formed particles and their density per unit area at each stage of the experiment have been determined and the corresponding dependences have been obtained.
nanoparticles, silver, vacuum-thermal evaporation, annealing, scanning probe microscopy
Finance source information:
Technological processes and routes
Gromov D.G., Dubkov S.V., Eritsyan G.S., Savitsky A.I., Bykov V.A., Bobrov Yu.A. Thermal stabilization of geometric parameters of a silver nanoparticles array obtained by vacuum-thermal evaporation on unheated substrate. Proc. Univ. Electronics, 2019, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 557–564. DOI: 10.24151/1561-5405-2019-24-6-557-564
1. Mierczynski P., Dubkov S.V., Bulyarskii S.V., Pavlov A.A., Skorik S.N., TrifonovA.Yu., Mierczynska A., Kitsyuk E.P., Gavrilov S.A., Maniecki T.P., Gromov D.G. Growth of carbon nanotube arrays on various CtxMey alloy films by chemical vapour deposition method. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 2018, vol. 34, no 3, pp. 472–480. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmst.2017.01.030
2. Gromov D.G., Dubkov S.V., Pavlov A.A., Skorik S.N., Trifonov A.Y.,Shulyatev A.S., Rygalin B.N. Use of thin film of a Co15Ti40N35 alloy for CVD catalytic growth of carbon nanotubes. Russian Microelectronics, 2016, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 98–104.
3. Maniecki T., Shtyka O., Mierczynski P., Ciesielski R., Czylkowska A., Leyko J., Mitukiewicz G., Dubkov S., Gromov, D. Carbon Nanotubes: Properties, Synthesis, and Application. Fibre Chemistry, 2018, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 297–300. DOI: 10.1007/s10692-019-09979-2. DOI:10.1007/s10527-015-9476-z
4. Gavrilin I.M., Gromov D.G., Dronov A., Dubkov S.V., Volkov R.L., Trifonov A.Y., Borgardt N.I., Solnyshkin A.V. Effect of electrolyte temperature on the cathodic deposition of Ge nanowires on in and Sn par-ticles in aqueous solutions. Semiconductors, 2017, vol. 51, pp. 1067–1071. DOI: 10.1134/S1063782617080115
5. Malakooti M.H., Patterson B.A., Hwang H.S., Sodano H. ZnO nanowire interfaces for high strength mul-tifunctional composites with embedded energy harvesting. Energy & Environmental Science, 2016, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 634–643. DOI: 10.1039/c5ee03181h
6. Firestein K.L., Leybo D.V., Steinman A.E., KovalskiiA.M., Matveev A.T., Manakhov A.M., Sukhorukova I.V., Slukin P.V., Fursova N.K., Ignatov S.G., Golberg D.V., ShtanskyD.V. BN/Ag hybrid nanomaterials with petal-like surfaces as catalysts and antibacterial agents. Beilstein journal of nanotechnology, 2018, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 250–261. DOI: 10.3762/bjnano.9.27
7. Grishina Y., Kukushkin V., Solovyev V., Kukushkin I. Slow plasmon-polaritons in a bilayer metallic structure revealed by the lower-energy resonances of surface-enhanced Raman scattering. Optics Express, 2018, vol. 26, iss.17, pp. 22519–22527. DOI:10.1364/OE.26.022519
8. Gromov D., Dubkov S., Savitskiy A., Shaman Y., Polokhin A., Belogorokhov I., Trifonov A. Optimiza-tion of nanostructures based on Au, Ag, AuAg nanoparticles formed by thermal evaporation in vacuum for SERS applications. Applied Surface Science, 2019, no. 489, pp. 701–707. DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.05.286
9. Kukushkin V., Ivanov N., Novoseltseva A., Gambaryan A., Yaminsky I., Kopylov A., Zavyalova E. Highly sensitive detection of influenza virus with SERS aptasensor. PLoS ONE, 2019, vol. 14, no. 4,
p. e0216247. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0216247
10. Zhao J., Liu B., Meng L., He S., Yuan R., Hou Y., Ding Z., Lin H., Zhang Z., Wang X., Long J. Plasmonic control of solar-driven CO2 conversion at the metal/ZnO interfaces. Applied Catalysis B: Environ-mental, 2019, no. 256, p. 117823. DOI: 10.1016/j.apcatb.2019.117823
11. Kozhemyakin G.N., Kiiko S A., Bryl O.E. Formation of Indium Nanoparticles by Thermal Evaporation. Crystallography Reports, 2019, vol. 64, iss. 3, pp. 457–460. DOI: 10.1134/S1063774519030167
12. Goldby I. M., Kuipers, L., von Issendorff B., Palmer R. E. Diffusion and aggregation of size‐selected silver clusters on a graphite surface. Applied Physics Letters, 1996, vol. 69, no. 19, pp. 2819–2821.
13. Sigsbee R., Pound G. Heterogeneous nucleation from the vapor. Advances in Colloid and Interface Sci-ence, 1967, vol. 1, iss. 3, p. 335. DOI: 10.1016/0001-8686(67)80007-1
14. Walton D. The orientation of vapour deposits. Philosophical Magazine, 1962, vol. 7, iss. 82, pp. 1671–1679. DOI: 10.1080/14786436208213702
15. Oxtoby D.W., Evans R. Nonclassical nucleation theory for the gas-liquid transition. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 1988, no. 89, p. 7521. DOI: 10.1063/1.455285
16. Gromov D.G., Gavrilov S.A. Demonstration of a heterogeneous mechanism during the melting of small-sized systems. Fizika tverdogo tela = Solid State Physics, 2009, vol. 51, iss. 10, pp. 2012–2021. (in Russian).
17. BelovA.N., BulyarskyS.V., GromovD.G., PavlovaL.M., PyatilovaO.V. Study of silver cluster formation from thin films on inert surface. Calphad, 2014, vol. 44, pp. 138–141. DOI: 10.1016/j.calphad.2013.07.017
18. Gromov D., Lebedev E., Savitskiy A., Trifonov A., Rubcov V., Borgardt N., Grishina Y. Investigation of condensation of small portions of Ag at thermal evaporation in vacuum. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2015, no. 643(1), p. 6. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/643/1/012014
19. Gromov D.G., Pavlova L.M., Savitsky A.I., TrifonovA.Yu. Nucleation and growth of Ag nanoparticles on amorphous carbon surface from vapor phase formed by vacuum evaporation. Appl. Phys. A, 2015, vol. 118, pp. 1297–1303.
20. Komnik Yu.F. Physics of metal films. Dimensional and structural effects. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1979. 264 p. (in Russian).