An amplification of magnetic induction in permalloy allows a several times increase of the sensitivity of magneto-semiconductor mycrosystems magnetic field. While using the permalloy films as the magnetic concentrators, it is important to exclude the anomalous codeposition of alloy components and to reduce the variability of technological parameters for optimum magnetic properties. In the work the chloride electrolyte with the pH correction by hydrochloride acid, which provides the congruent electrochemical permalloy deposition while heating has been proposed. The magnetic properties of the permalloy films, corresponding to bulk samples, have been determined. It has been shown that the magnetic properties of the permalloy films are sensitive to deviation of the composition from the ratio of 4.26 components. The control of accuracy of preparing an electrolyte for electrochemical deposition has been performed using the spectrophotometric investigation of chloride electrolyte. It has been established that the anomaly of the permalloy electrodeposition is associated with the main feature of iron ions-the existence of variable Valence iron with two or three values in the charge of ions during the hydrolysis of ions salts.
permalloy, magnetic field concentrators, chloride electrolyte, electrochemical deposition, spectrophotometric monitoring
Finance source information:
Technological processes and routes
Tikhonov R.D., Polomoshnov S.A., Amelichev V.V., Kostuk D.V., Cheremisinov A.A. Analysis of electrochemical deposition process of permalloy films. Proc. Univ. Electronics, 2019, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 547–556. DOI: 10.24151/1561-5405-2019-24-6-547–556.
1. Shamanaev S.V., Tikhonov R.D., Cheremisinov A.A., Generalov S.S., Gorelov D.V., Polomoshnov S.A., Kazakov Ju.V., Amelichev V.V. Local electrochemical deposition of permalloy films on silicon wafers with magnetoresistance nanostructures. Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika = Proceedings of Universities. Electronics, 2015, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 313–316. (In Russian).
2. Tikhonov R.D., Cheremisinov A.A., Generalov S.S., Gorelov D.V., Polomoshnov S.A., Kazakov Ju.V. Obtaining of Magnetic Field Concentrators with the Use of Electrochemical Deposition of Permalloy.
Nano- I microsistemnay tehnika = Nano- and Microsystems Technology, 2015, no. 3, pp. 51–57. (In Russian).
3. Tikhonov R.D., Polomoshnov S.A., Gorelov D.V., Kazakov Ju.V., and Cheremisinov A.A. Var’irovanie magnitnih svoistv plenok permalloy. Nano- i microsistemnay tehnika = Nano- and Microsystems Technology, 2016, no. 9, pp. 563–568. (In Russian).
4. Amelichev V.V., Abanin I.E., Aravin V.V., Kostyuk D.V., Kasatkin S.I., Reznev A.A., Saurov A.N. De-velopment of Magneto-Semiconductor Microsistems Technology Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika = Proceedings of Universities. Electronics, 2015, vol. 20, no 5, pp. 505–510. (In Russian).
5. Amelichev V.V., Polomoshnov S.A., Nikolaeva N.N., Tikhonov R.D., Kupriyanova M.A. Electrochemical Deposition Process for Permalloy Films on Magneto-Semiconductor Microsystems. Semiconductors, 2017, vol. 51, no. 13, pp. 1707–1708.
6. Tikhonov R.D., Polomoshnov S.A., Amelichev V.V., Kostuk D.V., Cheremisinov A.A. Spectrofoto kontrol chlorid elektolit dly electrochimicheskogo osajdeniy permaloy. 6th International Scientific and Tech-nical Conference «Tehnologii micro- i nanoelectroniki», Moscow, 2019, pp. 16–19. (In Russian).
7. Tikhonov R.D., Polomoshnov S.A., Kostuk D.V. Spectrofoto kontrol chlorid elektolit dly electrochimicheskogo osajdeniy permaloy Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika = Proceedings of Universities. Electron-ics, 2019, no. 2, pp. 129–136. (In Russian).
8. Korovin N.V. General chemisty. Moscow, Vysshay shkola Publ., 1998. 559 p. (In Russian).
9. Korovin N.V. Cathodic processes in the electrodeposition of Nickel and iron alloy. Journal neorganic chimii = Russian Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 1957, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 2259–2263. (In Russian).
10. Li Zh., Sun X., Zheng Y., Zhang H. Microstructure and magnetic properties of micro NiFe alloy arrays for MEMS application. J. Micromech. Microeng, 2013, no. 23(8), pp. 1–6.
11. Moniruzzaman M., Shorowordi K.M., Ashraful A., and Taufique M.F.N, Fe-Ni alloy elecrodeposition from simple and complex type sulfate electrolytes containing Ni/Fe ratio of 1 and 12. Journal of Mechanical
Engineering, 2014, no. 44(1), pp. 50–56.
12. Cao Y., Wei G.Y., Ge H.L. & Meng X.F. Study on preparation of NiFe films by galvanostatic electrodeposition. Surface Engineering, 2014, no. 30(2), pp. 97–101.
13. Tabakovic I., Gong J., Riemer S., and Kautzky M. Influence of surface roughness and current efficiency on n gradients of thin NiFe films obtained by electrodeposition. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2015, no. 162(3),
14. Dragos O., Chiriac H., Lupu N., Grigoras M., Tabacovic I. Anomalous codeposition of fcc NiFe nan-owires with 5–55% Fe and their morphology, crystal structure and magnetic properties. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2016, no. 63(3), pp. 83–94.
15. Schiavone G., Murray J., Perry R., Mount A.R., Marc, Desmulliez P.Y., and Walton A.J. Integration of Electrodeposited Ni-Fe in MEMS with Low-Temperature Deposition and Etch Processes. Materials (Basel), 2017, no. 10(3), pp. 323–331.
16. Wang F., Li. L., Qiu Sh., and Wang H. Ferronickel preparation using Ni-Fe co-deposition process. Journal of Central South University, 2016, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 3072–3077.
17. Torabinejad V., Aliofkhazraei M., Assareh S., Allahyarzadeh M.H., Rouhaghdam S. Electrodeposition of Ni-Fe alloys, composites, and nano coatings. A review. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2017, no. 691 (1), pp. 841–859.
18. Białostocka A., Klekotka U., Kalska-Szostko B. Modulation of iron–nickel layers composition by an external magnetic field. Chemical Engineering Communications, 2018, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 804–814.
19. Kashiwa Yu., Nagano N., Takasu T., Kobayashi Sh., Fukuda K., Nakano Hi. Effects of electrolyte composition and additives on the formation of invar Fe-Ni alloys with low thermal expansion electrodeposited from sulfate bath. The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan, J-STAGE home Tetsu-to-Hagane, 2018, no. 104 (10), pp. 585–593.
20. Zubar T.I., Fedosyuk V.M., Trukhanov A.V., Kovaleva N.N., Astapovich K.A., Vinnik D.A., Trukhanova E.L., Kozlovskiy A.L., Zdorovets M.V., Solobai A.A., Tishkevich D.I., and Trukhanov S.V. Control of growth mechanism of electrodeposited nanocrystalline NiFe films J. Electrochem. Soc., 2019, no. 166(6), pp. 173–180.
21. Tikhonov R. Congruent electrochemical deposition of NiFe alloy. Lambert Academic Publishing, 2019. 193 p.