The absorbing elements of rectangular and complex form based on homogeneous resistive film are used for building wave guide, coaxial and microstrip attenuators. The decrease of the attenuators sizes leads to problems in the implementation of small and big attenuations, which requires a turn to the absorbing elements based on piece-homogeneous structures. For implementation of a wide range of impairments of radio signals power the topologies of the small size absorbing elements of the wave guide, coaxial and microstrip attenuators, differing from known attenuators elements with the two-layer resistive film by reduced temperature stability and complex manufacturing technology, have been proposed. Such attenuation is achieved using one-layer resistive film with the central region, having either high (cut) or low (conductor) resistivity. The methods for calculation of the proposed absorbing elements based on a strict method of the conformal mappings have been proposed. The obtained relations in the considered particular cases coincide with the well-known ones in literature. The three-dimensional graphs of attenuation dependencies and normalized input impedance from the normalized size of the cut, or the conductor of the central region have been given. Wide possibilities of controlling the output parameters of the absorbing elements have been noted. The performance of the technique has been verified by simulation in the domestic software complex Elcut and by the analysis of real samples of small absorbing elements mounted microstrip attenuator of the proposed topologies.
1. Lvov A.E., Rudoiasova L.G., Shishkov G.I., Shcherbakov V.V. Thin-film strip attenua-tors. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseyeva = Works of NSTU named after R. E. Alekseev, 2014, № 5, pp. 40–46. (In Russian).
2. Shishkov G.I. The broadband fixed attenuators. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseyeva = Works of NNSTU named after R.E. Alekseev, 2011, no. 1, pp. 110–14. (In Russian).
3. Sadkov V.D., Goryachev Y.A. Calculation of thin-film attenuation plate. Tekhnika sredstv svyazi, ser. Radioizmeritel’naya tekhnika = A technique of communication, ser. Radio measuring equipment, 1977, vol. 2 (8), pp. 13–19. (In Russian).
4. Sadkov V.D., Podmogaev V.E., Morugin S.L., Shiryaev D.D. Analysis and synthesis of absorbing elements with a resistive film of complex geometric shape. Trudy Radiotekhnicheskogo instituta AN SSSR = Works of the Radio engineering Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1982, no. 46, pp. 48–60. (In Russian).
5. Utkin V.N., Sadkov V.D., Yakimov D.Y. Calculation of the T-shaped absorbing elements of chip-attenuators for surface mounting Izvestiya vuzov. Elektronika = Proceedings of Universi-ties. Electronics, 2008, no. 1, pp. 86–88. (In Russian).
6. Chizhikov S.V. Analysis of trends of development of chip-resistance micro-waveattenuators. Uspekhi sovremennoy radioelektroniki = Achievements of modern radio elec-tronics, 2017, no. 8, pp. 36–42. (In Russian).
7. Buzilov V.A., Mikhalitsyn E.A. The design of small-sized attenuators with low attenua-tion. Fizika volnovykh protsessov i radiotekhnicheskiye sistemy = Physics of wave processes and radio technical systems, 2014, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 54–63. (In Russian).
8. Sadkov V.D., Fomina K.S. Absorbing elements for the realization of a wide range of at-tenuation. Nano- i mikrosistemnaya tekhnika = Nano- and microsystem technique, 2017, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 238–243. (In Russian).
9. Sedakov A.Y., Smolin V.K. Thin-film elements in microelectronics: fundamentals of de-sign and manufacturing. Moscow, Radio Engineering Publ., 2011. 168 p. (In Russian).
10. Kondrashov V.V. The problem of automation of the process of laser trimming of film resistive elements. Vestnik Saratovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Saratov state technical University, 2012, no. 1, iss. 2, pp. 207–214. (In Russian).
11. Sadkov V.D. Calculation and adjustment of thin-film links of attenuation. Izvestiya vuzov SSSR. Radioelektronika = News of Higher Education Institutions of the USSR. Radio elec-tronics, 1977, vol. XX, no. 9, pp. 115–118. (In Russian).
12. Lavrentyev M.A., Shabat B.V. Methods of the theory of functions of complex variable. Moscow, Main edition fiz.-mat. lit. Publ., 1973. 749 p. (In Russian).
13. Jampurin N.P. Shirokov L.V., Sadkov V.D., Potekhin V.A. Modern problems of the ra-dio electronics from the standpoint of the theory of conformal displays. Arzamas, AGPI Publ., 2014. 209 p. (In Russian).
14. Krylov V.I. Approximate calculation of integrals. Moscow, Science Publ., 1967. 500 p. (In Russian).
15. Tatur G.A. Fundamentals of the theory of electrical circuits (reference): textbook. Mos-cow, Higher school Publ., 1980. 271 p. (In Russian).
16. The website of the company «Tor». Available at: www.tor.ru (accessed: 10.02.2017). (In Russian).